Snowman seashell mosaic nautical kits. Do it masterpiece from natural materials with your own hands.Posted by admin on Dec 18, 2013 in Blog | Please comment
Seashell educational Christmas kits for kids and all seashell lovers.
Materials include in the project:
8” x 10” wood plate with mosaic’s drawing image on it.
Decorative green and silver stones, sea star, clam razor shell fragments
2 halves black scallop shells for eyes
Natural white and dyed red Clam shells for face and scarf.
Tooth pick for move gluing shells on place
Paper towel or napkins
Varnish or clear polish for nails for wet and bright looking mosaic.
Red, green, blue and black markers
1. Open your kit and prepare working place for the project.
2. Arrange all your silver decorative natural stones on the top of your mosaic in Snowman’s hat area without of glue.
3. Before the gluing stones, I glue small pieces with silver colored paper towel or napkins on the wood for the best result before the stones. Silver stones can be glued without napkins too because a very light weight.
4. Put a little amount of glue on the napkin’s surface and spread it on a hat area. Poor the silver stones over the glue and press with your finger.
5.The same process repeat with the green area on the Snowman’s hat and glue half part of your amount of decorative green stones. Another part leave for the scarf. Add the sea star with a little amount of glue on the red decorative stones which you previously have to glue on the star area.
6. Next step is eyes. Choose 2 halves of black scallops and put them on the eye’s areas with a little piece of black colored napkin or without. Glue your black shells over.
7. Glue your carrot looking nose from razor clam shell fragments. Put a little amount of glue on the back shell surface. Press gently with finger on the drawing area. You can follow image instruction.
8. Cover Santa’s face area with a little amount of glue and attach white colored of napkin pieces or without. Over the napkin area spread a little amount of glue again and press white clam shells.
9. Arrange all your dyed red clam shells on the scarf area without glue. You can take a look on the image or arrange shells in your own way. For the best result glue all red clam shells over the red colored napkins.
10. Glue all your Razor clam shell fragments in spaces between the red clam shells.
11. Add decorative green stones on the empty areas.
12. Let the mosaic dry during 2 hours or overnight.
Cover your mosaic with Varnish or clear polish for nails.