Nautical kit or seashell Picasso mosaic for everyone. Feel yourself like a real artist! Do it Yourself!Posted by admin on Jun 2, 2013 in Blog, Natural, Projects | Please comment
Summer activity with kids!
How often do we wish to organize seashell treasure after vacation on the shore? But most of us have no time for it and no idea how to make it in a creative way…
Solution can be very simple and result will looks great! You will be proud of yourself!
No matter what you have – fragments from the broken shells, tiny stones, sea stars, pieces of sea glass, fragment of sea urchins and even pieces of driftwood…- everything can be use and turn into your nautical mosaic masterpiece with my new seashell Picasso mosaic kits!
The famous artist Pablo Picasso said:
All children are born artists, the problem is to remain an artist as we grow up.
Also another amazing and extraordinary artist’s opinion :
It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.
My idea for creation of this kit came from my own experience after workshops with kids and adults… Kids do not like to listen to all my directions but wish to follow their own idea… Their wild, very emotional vision and unusual designs gave me a huge inspirational energy for my own works.
You do not need to spend a lot of time to realize your project anymore…All shells and another treasure from the beach you can use in any desirable sequence or you can follow my suggestions.
Each project of your choice can be done in 1 hour!
All shells were carefully collected, selected, cleaned and ready for using in any project.
Before the work begins you have to glue your pattern to the middle of your base.
I decided to create special patterns or die cuts, which can better reflect your memory and help to organize any seashell collection after vacation.
1. Choose one of the available base for mosaic: picture frame with no glass, cork board, canvas or wood plate.
2. Select pattern from my collection. Available choices are: shell, sea horse, sea stars, sailboats, anchors, crabs, fish, mermaid, kiss, goose, whale and even Statue of Liberty. I drew each of them individually sized for your project.
3. Place seashells on the base according to the picture on the box or follow your own creativity (do not glue yet)
4. When you happy with result, use Multi-Purpose Elmer’s Glue (supplied in your kit) to glue shells to the base.
I made several different types of kits. Each kit come with instruction sheet with design techniques and gift box:
• Type 1. Kit includes 8” x 10” frame without glass, die cut of your choice, necessary amount of shells included and other sea life for your project.
• Type 2. This Kit includes 8” x 10” frame without glass, die cut (pattern) of your choice. No shells included.
• Type 3. Kit includes 8” x 10” cork board, die cut (pattern) of your choice, necessary amount of shells included and other sea life for your.
• Type 4. Kit includes 8” x 10” cork board, die cut (pattern) of your choice. No shell included
• Type 5. Kit includes 15” x 19” light frame without glass, die cut (pattern) of your choice. No shell Included.
• Type 6. Kit includes 15” x 19” light frame without glass, die cut (pattern) of your choice, necessary amount of shells and other sea life for your project
If you wish to make your project in a bigger size or in any specific shape, you will receive your pattern and necessary instructions to make it.
I am working also with seashell kits on canvas and wood bases. They will be introduce for your consideration very soon…
Each handmade pattern or template from the kit is unique. Each of the mosaic you will create will be different from any another person mosaic even with the same pattern because of uniqueness of natural materials.
Express your own fantasy with these kits.