How to make decorative cross with seashells for ChristmasPosted by Alla on Dec 5, 2010 in Blog, Do It Yourself Projects | Please comment
This is a simple DIY project for upcoming Christmas holiday. We will decorate a wood cross with seashells so you can put it on Christmas tree or elsewhere in house.
The cross will consist of only natural materials – wood, stones and seashells.
How to make Christmas cross in 5 steps.
- Wood cut out cross 8” long
- 9 seashells. They can be any type of flat shape seashells, small to medium in size.
- Decorative sand of any color.
- Elmer’s glue. All purpose.
- Paper towel
All materials – craft seashells, cross and decorative sand can be purchased at local craft store. They are very inexpensive.
- Choose a wood cross and use your imagination to find right places for seashells
- Put small amount glue to inside surface on the each of 9 shells.
- Glue shells to the front surface of the cross in exact spot you choose in step 1
- The empty areas between shells have to be glue with decorative sand. Put a thin layer of glue between shells and put decorative stone on it.
- Clean an extra glue amount with paper towel.